NALLTCO Annual Meeting Minutes
NALLTCO National Association of Local Long Term Care Ombudsmen
Annual Meeting – November 13, 2013
VIRTUAL ANNUAL MEETING of NALLTCO
Annual Meeting Agenda
- Meet the New Board
- NALLTCO Updates
- “Managing Multiple Priorities for Local Ombudsman” SPEAKER: Joan Parks, Retired CA Local Ombudsman for 25 yrs.
Membership in NALLTCO
- Open to all volunteer, local, district and regional long term care Ombudsmen
- 2013 Promotion “BUY 2 Years, GET 1 Year Free”
- Board Terms – Members serve a two year term as elected by the membership; service begins at the end of the annual meeting.
- Officer Terms – Officers serve a one year term as elected within the Board of Directors at the first meeting after our annual meeting.
Cindy Englert, Chair
Lynda Pickett, Vice-Chair
Tonya Amos, Treasurer
Janice Reed Coney, Secretary
John Weir (MI)
Karen Guice (AL)
Thank you for your dedication and contributions given over the past many years.
We would like to introduce your 2014 NALLTCO Board of Directors.
- Cindy Englert, NC – Chair
- Lynda Pickett, PA - Vice Chair
- Tonya Amos, IA – Treasurer
- Janice Coney, SC – Secretary
- Karen Jones, CA
- Linnie Martin, TX
- Vanessa Fitchett, MT
- Laura Nichols, VA
- Jackie Case, NJ
- DeAnna Tuttle, NE
- Cindy Troyer, TN
- Cat Young, GA
- Sherry Culp, KY
Areas of Interest Explored by Board
- Submitted comments for the NPRM Long Term Care Ombudsman Rules.
- NORS Consistency: Board members involved on the WINC (subcommittee of NASOP data committee)
- NORS Next: Board members are working with ACL on reviewing and modifying the data collection requirements (We will need your input)
- Chair and Vice-Chair presented and participated at the NASOP annual meeting in Vermont
- NALLTCO working to revamp the WEBSITE
- NALLTCO and NASOP quarterly phone conference
- Hosted a membership meeting in DC at the Consumer Voice Conference.
- Held our first ever virtual annual meeting last Nov with over 75 participants.
- A huge Thank You to DEBI LEE with her work on producing and editing the NALLTCO Newsletter. (Keep sending your articles)
As we move forward in 2014, We will need everyone's input and guidance as we begin to discuss the fair hearings, certification and decertification process. We are looking to collaborate with NASOP, NORC and NALLTCO to develop recommendations for ACL/AOA.
WE WILL NEED YOUR INPUT!