NALLTCO Annual Meeting Minutes
NALLTCO National Association of Local Long Term Care Ombudsmen
Annual Meeting – December 10th 2019
VIRTUAL ANNUAL MEETING of NALLTCO
Annual Meeting Agenda
Consumer Voice/National Ombudsman Resource Center
Administration on Aging
Approve Minutes from 2018 Annual Meeting
2019/20 Board Election
Membership in NALLTCO
- Open to all volunteer, local, district and regional long term care Ombudsmen
- 2019 Promotion “BUY 2 Years, GET 1 Year Free”
- Board Terms – Members serve a two year term as elected by the membership; service begins at the end of the annual meeting.
- Officer Terms – Officers serve a one year term as elected within the Board of Directors at the first meeting after our annual meeting.
- Cindy Englert (NC)
- Karen Jones (CA)
- Pam Railsback (IA)
- Cat Young (GA)
- Tasia Stackhouse (SC)
- Brenda Brown (AK)
- Terri Gerstmeyer (CO)
- JM Sorrell (MA)
- Jeni Coyne(OH)
- Denise Wells (KY)
- Debbie Miller (UT)
Thank you for your dedication and contributions given over the past many years.
We would like to introduce your 2020 NALLTCO Board of Directors.
- Karen Jones, CA – Chair
- Pam Railsback, IA- Vice Chair
- Mary Anne Brennan, MD – Treasurer
- Heather Armstrong, TX – Secretary
- Cindy Englert, NC
- Cat Young, GA
- Tasia Stackhouse, SC
- Brenda Brown, AR
- Terri Gerstmeyer, CO
Areas of Interest Explored by Board
- Submitted comments for the NPRM Long Term Care Ombudsman Rules.
- NORS Consistency: Board members involved on the WINC (subcommittee of NASOP data committee)
- NORS Next: Board members are working with ACL on reviewing and modifying the data collection requirements (We will need your input)
- Chair and Vice-Chair presented and participated at the NASOP annual meeting
- NALLTCO working to revamp the WEBSITE
- NALLTCO and NASOP quarterly phone conference
- Hosted a membership meeting in DC at the Consumer Voice Conference.
- Held our virtual annual meeting last Nov with over 75 participants.
As we move forward in 2020, We will need everyone's input and guidance as we begin to discuss the fair hearings, certification and decertification process. We are looking to collaborate with NASOP, NORC and NALLTCO to develop recommendations for ACL/AOA.
WE WILL NEED YOUR INPUT!